Nesco Digital Pressure Cooker 6 Liter, 4 functions in 1 Unit
Nesco 4-in-1 Digital Pressure Cooker, 6-Liter
This Nesco Digital Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker has everything you need to make delicious meals fast. And they'll taste like they were slow cooked. It can pressure cook, slow cook, brown, steam and warm – all in one convenient appliance. It's ideal for making healthy meals; delicious homemade soups, stews and chili. Fish, chicken, and vegetables cook to perfection in just minutes. Pressure cooking preserves flavors and nutrients and speed cooks inexpensive cuts of meat into great tasting meals. Stainless Steel body and lid makes for an attractive, durable appliance.
Removable Dishwasher-Safe Parts: Non-stick cooking insert can be removed for easy clean-up.
Pressure Release Lid: Automatic or manual pressure release. Lid cannot be opened until pressure has been released first.
How It Cooks: As the pressure inside increases, the boiling point of the water increases, this allows the liquid to rise to a higher temperature before boiling so the food cooks up to 70-percent quicker.
Programmable with Preset Functions: Delayed start for up to 8 hours, so dinners ready when you get home. Presets include: pressure cook (Hi/Lo), slow cook, steam, brown, make rice and keep warm. All presets switch to keep warm after cooking time runs out.
Hinged lid can be raised and stays out of your way.
Convenient Keep Warm Feature: Warm setting can be manually used or will automatically switch to warm after using a High or Low setting.
- 4-in-1 Cooker cuts cooking time by up to 70 perfect
- Self locking lid with automatic or manual pressure release
- LED display and soft touch buttons
- Programmable with presets
- Delayed start up to 8 hours
- Cool-touch lid and handles
- Removable dishwasher-safe non-stick cooking insert
- Slow cook up to 9.5 hours
- Brushed stainless steel exterior
- Cooking rack-trivet
How does a pressure cooker work?
A pressure cooker looks like a large saucepan or stockpot, except its lid locks onto the top to create a tight seal. The cooking liquid inside the pot boils and creates steam. As steam is trapped inside, the pressure increases, which in turn increases the boiling point of the liquid to about 120-degrees F. The higher cooking temperature means food cooks more quickly than conventional cooking methods.
Hints and Tips for cooking in your Pressure Cooker
- To ensure best cooking performance when pressure cooking, always make sure the recipe calls for at least 1 cup (8 oz.) of water or other liquid so enough steam can be generated to create pressure.
- When using HIGH or LOW pressure settings, timer will not start counting down until sufficient steam pressure is generated.
- When pressure cooking, if you are not sure how much cooking time is necessary, it is better to under cook. Then use quick release method, remove Lid and check for doneness.
- Never fill Removable Cooking Pot more than half full with food or 2/3 full with liquid. The NESCO Professional 4-in-1 Pressure Cooker must have enough liquid to create steam or food will not cook properly.
- If the 4-in-1 Cooker and other appliance(s) are plugged into same electrical outlet, an electrical overload may occur, causing the circuit breaker to open. Make sure the 4-in-1 Cooker is plugged into a separate 120 volt electrical outlet.
- Tougher, less expensive cuts of meats are better suited for your NESCO 4-in-1 Pressure Cooker because steam pressure helps break down tough fibers in meat making it more tender and palatable.
- Fresh fruit should be cooked under low pressure.
- When pressure cooking beans, add a teaspoon of oil to water to reduce amount of foaming.
- Any liquid such as oils, oil-based marinades and dressings should not be used in NESCO 4-in-1 Pressure Cooker.
- Liquids that contain water can be used when pressure cooking. These include wine, beer, stocks, tomato and other vegetable and fruit juices. Wine must be mixed with an equivalent amount of water because it evaporates quickly during cooking.
NOTE: The boiling point of water decreases as altitude increases, and this changes your 4-in-1 Cooker's performance. When pressure cooking at higher altitudes, the following will apply: Add 5-percent to cooking time for every 1,000 feet above first 2,000 feet.
Example: At 3,000 feet add 5-percent; 4,000 feet add 10-percent; 5,000 feet add 15-percent; etc.
Remember, the longer you cook, the more liquid needs to be added to the 4-in-1 Cooker.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!